Informed Delivery for Business Mailers & Shippers
Create Once. Connect Everywhere.
The U.S. Postal Service ® is enhancing the mail experience nationwide with the Informed Delivery ® feature that provides eligible residential and personal PO Box ™ consumers with a digital preview of their household's mail and packages.
Informed Delivery offers business mailers and shippers the opportunity to engage users through an integrated mail or package digital marketing campaign that generates additional consumer impressions, interactions, and insights.
Resources to Get Started with Informed Delivery
Learn more about Informed Delivery and the impact it is having for businesses below.
- Informed Delivery Overview PDF (4 MB)
- Users and Household Data XLSX (800 KB)
- Campaign Terms and Conditions PDF (79 KB)
- Interactive Campaign FAQs PDF (368 KB)
How to Create & Submit Campaigns
- Interactive Mail Campaign Guide PDF (2 MB) — Learn how to initiate an Informed Delivery interactive campaign for mail
- Mailer Campaign Portal User Guide PDF (2 MB) — Step-by-step instructions for Informed Delivery interactive campaign for mailers
- Informed Delivery Mail Campaign Portal Tutorial — Guided walkthrough of Mailer Campaign Portal
- Interactive Mail Campaign Image Requirements PDF (825 KB) — Image specifications for graphics used in mail campaigns
- Shipper Campaign Portal User Guide PDF (864 KB) — Learn how to create and manage Informed Delivery package campaigns
- Package Campaigns 1-Pager PDF (207 KB) — Maximize your engagement with customers through package campaigns
- Package Campaigns Best Practices Guide PDF (2 MB) — Step-by-step instructions for Informed Delivery interactive campaign for packages
Review these helpful resources before submitting your campaign:
Business Customer Gateway (BCG)
The Mailer Campaign Portal and Shipper Campaign Portal are available to all business mailers via the Business Customer Gateway (BCG) under the "Other Services" tab.
Please reference the PostalOne! technical guides for Informed Delivery on PostalPro for more information. Contact the PostalOne! support team at USPSInformedDeliveryeDoc@usps.gov for more information.
Informed Visibility ® -Informed Delivery
Please reference the Informed Visibility-Informed Delivery Data Dictionary XLS (31.6 KB) and Post-Campaign Sample Data Set XLS (13.1 KB) for information on data attributes available. Review Informed Visibility PostalPro™ for additional information and resources.
Need additional Informed Delivery campaign support?
Email us ( USPSInformedDeliveryCampaigns@USPS.gov ) or call us (1-877-329-7206). Hours of operation are Monday–Friday from 7 AM–5 PM CT with the exception of federal holidays observed by USPS.
How It Works for Consumers
Users have the ability to view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-size mailpieces arriving soon. Mailpiece images are available via email notification, online dashboard, or mobile app.
The process is simple:
- Consumer signs up for Informed Delivery.
- Mail and packages are imaged and scanned during processing.
- Mail and packages are matched to delivery points and interactive mail or package campaigns are applied.
- User receives mailpiece images or package tracking information and ride-along image.
- User receives physical mailpieces or packages.
The Value of Informed Delivery
Informed Delivery can help mailers increase the reach of their marketing campaign through a synchronized physical and digital touchpoint. This feature allows you to:
- Reach engaged consumers. Tap into an engaged user base that delivers higher-than-average email open rates.
- Increase interaction. Generate multiple impressions from a single mailpiece.
- Encourage faster responses. Offers, interactive content, and a clear call-to-action to help increase consumer response.
- Reach customers digitally from their physical address. Expand your reach and audience base.
- Get more bang for your buck. Potentially increase return on investment (ROI) for your campaign.
- Measure campaign performance. Gain valuable data insights that can help optimize your marketing spend.
- Reference the Year in Review (October 2021 – October 2022) presentation ( PDF 1 MB ) to learn about the growth and value of Informed Delivery.